You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: New Product Launches

Bigger the brand, bigger the troubles and worries! Must read for everyone.

My Dad recently brought a Titan Edge watch from The World of Titan from a shopping mall in Kolkata. The Titan Edge is what they call the slimmest watch in the world. My Dad bought this watch on Independence Day. He used it for 13 days and then gone! The watch dies and it does not move anything. This is shocking. For a watch which is being sold at Rs. 6800/-, there must be something known as trust and reliability. Both these words suddenly seem to have lost their meaning. Now, the bigger problem. When we contacted the officials of Titan in the store, they said that they will not replace the watch and that they will try to fix it. My Dad had previously given 3 Titan watches for fixing and none of them worked for than a year. Shocking!

Is this a problem of Indian brands or is it a problem of bigger brands? Let's discuss this in the forums here.
    Dear Ankush,

This sometimes happens with the dealers. You just contact the titan Customer Service and see what can be done.

Just put in a complaint in the Titan site and see what happens. Give them all the details and scan the bill too, if you can do it.

I think they will react in a better way than the dealers because their name will get tarnished. Just try it out, my daughter is also telling me the same thing. If they don't react, then send a mail to the consumer forum.

Latha Jayaprakash
    Editor - IRC

Regards,
    Latha Jayaprakash
    India Review Channel

Hi Ankush,

It is not the problem of Indian brands. Please it is a request being an Indian we should not comment about the Indian brands.

Ofcourse, I too agree what has happend to you really pains a lot. But it is the fault of the Company. Why you are keeping quite. May be your Dad is keeping quite. But you are a well educated person. I have seen your so many articles in ISC, so why don't you tackle the problem. You book a complaint saying that if the watch is not replaced within 15 days you are forced to lodge a complaint in the Consumer forum and also to media people about the product and services of Titan.

Subba Raju, MV
    Member, IRC

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.