You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaReviewChannel

Doubt in review contest

Can any one write 3 or 4 reviews for the same product.I noticed a member written 3 reviews for the ongoing product review competition.
    Dear Sudharsen,
    I also noticed this and raised the topic in some other place.
    If one member can write the same review with little changes is it agreeable?
    If that is the case then we too can write not just 3 or 4 , may be 30 or 40. At the most our editors will have the tough job of deleting them.

Regards,
    Lalitha Rajappa,
    Member, IRC

Hi Sudhersana,
    Sometimes internet connections create problems due to which data from IndiaReviewChannel doesn't come up to the requested computer. When it doesn't, nothing shows up after clicking submit and thus people might click it many times leading to duplicates. Do not worry. The duplicates will be deleted by the editors but it's not allowed to post 3 or 4 reviews of a single product.

Regards,
    Ankush Das
    (Editor, IndiaStudyChannel)

Regards,
    Ankush Das
    IndiaStudyChannel Senior Editor

Hi Ankush,Lalithaji,
    I think it is not duplicate as the member has made changes in every other review.Anyway I think the editors have deleted the other reviews as the topic headline is marked in red.I noticed it only a little before.
    Regards,
    Sudhersana.

my profile

Hi Sudhershana,

For the contest only one review will be taken into account. Just click the reviews at the product page and you can see the reviews those have been approved.

Only those will be taken into consideration. The extra ones will be deleted / rejected. Till now there are only three reviews approved for the product.
    Latha Jayaprakash
    Editor - IRC

Regards,
    Latha Jayaprakash
    India Review Channel

Hi Lathaji,
    Thank you for the response I saw the reviews and you are correct only four reviews have been approved and others have been deleted.If one can write number of reviews then there will be no value for the reviews.
    Regards,
    Sudhersana.

my profile

Dear Sudershana,
    I think you are talking about Shanthi's reviews. She had some problem with her internet connection and thats why she had posted 4 times. She had sent me an message and had asked me to delete the other three keeping the last one into which she have made some changes. I have done that. Hope this clears your confusion.

Only one review from one person for a product is accepted. You have the choice of editing your own review. If you want to add some more points to your review you can do that by editing your review. Pls dont add a new review for a product that you have reviewed already. That will be rejected.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster, IRC

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Hi Sudershana,

Especially while posting reviews or responses in IRC the system is hanging sometimes. So we are getting a doubt whether what we have posted has been approved or rejected. And we are going on pressing the submit twice or thrice. Especially when we are new to site, we will be getting more problems of this kind. So, I feel this was a problem and anyway our webmaster also said the same thing, so let us leave this issued.

Subba Raju, MV
    Member, IRC

Dear Rajmi Madam,

I thank you for clearing a basic doubt we had in our minds.
    For new members you can even add that, only one review is acceptable for the review contest in the page where you announce the contest. This is just a suggestion.
    I hope you do not mind this.

Regards,
    Lalitha Rajappa,
    Member, IRC

Hi friends,

I appreciate the suggestion of Lalitha, as it will clear the normal doubts which everybody will get. I feel the webmaster should take up this suggestion.

Subba Raju, MV
    Member, IRC

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.