You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

How to enable system restore and to bring the computer into a normal mode.

After scanning my computer with software "cureit" my computer desktop started with a delayed and abnormal way where it showed certain things describing as under:

1. "System restore cannot protect your computer. Restart your computer" to resolve the problem something like that.

2. Something as "Error in loading Auto Configuration".

3. I tried out certain things as given on the internet suggestions but in vain as:
    a. Using the properties to disable over right clicking the "turn off system restore" and "turn off configuration" but the properties is not working (that is in group policy editor by running through run command as gpedit.msc).

b. Deleting the Dword option that is "Disable SR" from the Registry Editor and then restarting the computer but in vain.

c. I got certain suggestions from yahoo answers as to download certain softwares, as suggested by them my computer may be infected by Malwares or Spywares but the interesting fact is that while installing any antivirus or malware/spyware software or else any software it is showing some error and many more to go but in vain.

4. And even systems safe mode is not working, it is in looping procedure and hanging out.

What to do.
    The better thing to do i to format the machine if you don't have any important data in it as the system is infected.
    Before you do this remove the RAM from the slot and BIOS batery disconnect the power to hard disk and start the machine. now put on batery and RAM and connect the HDD power. Try this if not working better go for data recovery softwares.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.