You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Announcements

Member of the month Contest

Dear all,
    Here we are with a special announcement.

From this month onwards, we are awarding a bonus 250 points for those members who have written the maximum number of quality reviews (reviews that carry points 7 and above).

So step up, gear up and write quality reviews and let us have more number of quality reviews for all the products by the end of this year. This alone will bring more traffic to IRC.

All the best for all.

Happy reviewing happy earning.

With regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster, IRC
    Hi IRCians,

Pick up your tools and come on out with your review writing talents.
    You'll be getting cash credits plus points for the reviews you are writing. Now Webmaster has announced a contest also for this. Write lots and lots of quality reviews.
    If you do not understand what I mean by this, just go through what Rajmi and I have written, follow those lines and write.
    You can get 250 bonus points if you can put in the most number of reviews in a month.
    All the best to you, come on up start writing.
    Let us see more and more reviews. There is no point in asking why IRC is not as popular as other review channels.
    If there are lots of reviews, visitors will start swarming our site. We will all see that happening in the near future.

Latha Jayaprakash
    Editor - IRC

Regards,
    Latha Jayaprakash
    India Review Channel

Hi All,

I would like to tell you one more thing. Rajmi and I will not be participating in the contest, as we are in the admin panel.

So all of you, please do enter as many reviews as possible in the mean time. Happy reviewing and happy winning. No competition from our side.

The only thing we want from you all are good, quality reviews, at least 10 lines, in good and proper English words. That's all.

Come on all of you who are members of this site, try your hands at the reviews and win the points. All the best to you all.

Latha Jayaprakash
    Editor - IRC

Regards,
    Latha Jayaprakash
    India Review Channel

Hi Rajmi,

After so many days I have opened this website. I feel it has improved a lot. After seeing the announcement I was so happy. It is really a good opportunity for the members of IRC to show their talent and grab the prize.

Whether this contest will be for one month from the date of announcement or from the 1st day of the month to the last of the month. Kindly clarify the same, so that we can actively participate in writing the reviews.

Subba Raju, MV
    Member, IRC

Hi Subba Raju,
    First of all let me congratulate you on becoming Diamond Member in ISC. This contest is open to all except me and Latha Jayaprakash, from the first of every month to the end of that month. So participate in it.

All the best.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster, IRC

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Hi Rajmi,

Thank you very much. I have been selected as an editor of ISC. With all support from members, editors and webmasters I could reach to that level. I will try to participate in the Member of the month contest.

Subba Raju, MV
    Member, IRC

Congratulations Subba Raju on becoming Editor of ISC. That is a very good encouragement you have got from the administration. Do well and bring in more credit to ISC as well as IRC. All the very best to you
    Latha Jayaprakash
    Editor - IRC

Regards,
    Latha Jayaprakash
    India Review Channel

Hi Latha,

Thank you very much. This is all because of the cooperation of editors and webmaster and other members, I could reach that level. I will work to the best of my ability to bring more credit and to both ISC and IRC.

Subba Raju, MV
    Member, IRC

Dear all admins & authors,

Thanks for the contest I'll try to do more.

Thanking you.

Thanking you.

Sekhar Chandra,
    Golden IRCian

It being a great to open this contest because by this way people feel great to show his/her Talent and in this way this site is becoming more popular also because a person who take part in it will also encourage another to her/his Account in this site and in this way the traffic in this site is increasing day by day and this site is popularly minute by minute.And thus in this way the revenue of this site is also increased.
    So it being great to open this contest.

This is a good contest.One thing i want to ask that what is the points distribution in IRC.
    Thank You

Can you be a bit more clear Pankaj Gupta? What you mean by point distribution? Every segment of IRC have different types of points. For reviews, the maximum points awarded is 10. For blogs and knols the maximum is 45. For the blog contest, the maximum is 300. For the q and a link submission, the maximum points awarded is 6. For product submission, if you have good description along with model code/name (manufacturer or brand name if it is not in the list pls add them in the feature or specification tab, which will be added by the editors while editing your product) then you will get 4 points. The photo that you add for your product will fetch you one more point. If you have not added a photo, or if the product is not available in India, (please dont tell us that we can get that product online), then the points are reduced. Also if the product you post is already posted, then also the product will be deleted.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster, IRC

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Webmaster: I wish to clarify: I noticed that in the cash credits Lathaji got some amount as award for maximum reviews - but in this thread it is mentioned that the adm. will not be getting the points / award. So was that some separate award?

Also, you have received cash credits for product submissions. However, this program was discontinued long time back. So was this some back-pay?

Please do not take this as any unwarranted criticism, but I merely wish to clarify as ordinary members like me are not really earning well at this site after product submissions' payments were discontinued. This is really discouraging as it seems only the adm. are making good income. I honestly wish I could get better pay for reviews!

Also, there should definitely be some kind of payment for product submissions too, as in the little time I have to spare for IRC I do a lot of Internet surfing to ensure I am posting correct details. I know I have raised this issue about payment for product submissions, but I wish to reiterate my request. I am sure other members feel the same.

Warm Regards,
    Vandana

Faith gives us the courage to tackle the seemingly impossible, as well as the determination to see it through ~ Author Unknown

Regards,
    vk

Dear Vk,
    That was a special award announced by the site administrator for her contribution to the website. And we have announced that the max contributor will get points. That cash credits for product submission will keep coming, whenever a member clicks his or her name and cash credits. Yes you are right, cash credit for product submission is discontinued long back. You can earn well too if you keep writing reviews, answer questions in yahoo or ibibo or ammas and give us the link here. For every link of q and a you give we award a max of 6 points and Rs. 2 cash credits. You can give 5 q and a links per day. The same way you can write knols and blogs and give us the link. The blogs or knols which have 3 hyperlinks to the product page in particular will get 45 points max and Rs. 15 cash credits. For links submission the cash credits are 1/3 of the points.

We have been for a long time thinking of reviving cash credits for product submission, but let me tell you something frankly Vandana. Currently we have lots of products, but what about the reviews for all the products, most of them dont have any quality review. Yes I mean quality review. We wish to have atleast one quality review for each and every product and if you are the first person to write a review for any product, you get 2 points bonus. I can understand that you have to do a lots of research. That is why we too take a lot of time to edit the products posted. We search IRC for duplicates, we also do some research before approving. We just dont delete or approve any product.

Admin are paid for other works they are doing too. You have to understand we just dont stop with writing reviews, we have to edit the products, check for new updates of products. And we have to keep ourselves updated as to what is happenning in and around. Webmaster - me and Editor - LathaJayaprakash are paid for that particular work too. Pls dont compare our work with the work of regular members. Members can earn a lot of income from this website, provided you keep posting quality reviews.

Hope I have answered all your questions.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Many thanks, Rajmi, for clarifying my queries.

I am well aware that regular members' contributions are different from the work done by adm. members; I just was disappointed that there are no high earnings as such - after all just earning points is not enough for getting income.

Anway, will keep in mind your suggestions about earning from IRC. Thanks for all your support.
    Regards,
    Vk

Faith gives us the courage to tackle the seemingly impossible, as well as the determination to see it through ~ Author Unknown

Regards,
    vk

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.