You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaReviewChannel

Switch off your light on saturday, 28th march 2009

Dear Friends,

Switch off your light on Saturday, 28th March 2009, 8.30pm-9.30pm for our beloved earth that we still care.I will vote for Earth on 28th March 2009. I will switch off all the lights between 8.30pm-9.30pm. I understand this is just a small step, a beginning. Every thing start with a small step. It may not be much but with 1 billion people switching off their lights for 1 hour on 28th March 2009. So lets be together against global warming.

It is definitively a small step but just switch off your light on Saturday, 28th March 2009, 8.30pm-9.30pm for a brighter future.

Please spread this news to your family, friends and community and support not only me but our Earth in this small move.

Thanks & Regards,
    Aira
    Hi Friend,
    It sounds strange why its on 28March,2009.. where this news got published which countries are participating in this .. as per me its really a great idea ... if all people can think like this and start taking measures for saving current,petrol and trees then earth will be survived with pollution which internally helps us to get survived in this world .. if people can take cycles per one day instead of taking out theie car or motorcycle then its definetely makes a difference..

Regards,
    Sra1

Dear Sra1,

Probably, this year is a critical year for action on climate change, with the world's leaders meeting at the UN Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen. This year, Earth Hour, set for between 8.30 pm and 9.30 pm (wherever you are) on 28th March has been transformed into the world's first global election, between Earth and global warming. So this is the uniques date all over the world.

Well, cities already listed to participate in Earth Hour 2009 include Cape Town, Chicago, Copenhagen, Dubai, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Las Vegas, Lisbon, London, Los Angeles, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Nashville, Oslo, Rome, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Warsaw.

I hope this help you.

Thanks & Regards,
    Aira

This week CEI announced the creation of Human Achievement Hour (HAH) to be celebrated at 8:30pm on March 28th 2009 (the same time and date of Earth Hour).

Hello,
    I will also do that.I will vote for earth.
    Regards,
    Vinod Sidhana

Hi Friends,

I too have participated in this movement. It is very good movement we should make it a practice once in a month. Not only lights we must switch off ACs as they consume more power.

Regards,
    RK - Some thing special

Great success. Many did so in my area.
    Marvelous!!!

Hi Aira
    Frankly speaking I really didn't knew that and I was just cursing on my electric department when there was power cut in the above mentioned period, any way even unknowingly I too participated to prevent our mother earth.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.