You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Lost my phone nokia 6300, wan't to get it back, f.i.r registered

I Lost my Nokia 6300 Phone two weeks agoin my native village in Uran district, Maharashtra. I have lodged an F.I.R. with the Uran Police Station. Is there any way in which I can get it back.?

I called the Nokia Toll Free Number 30303838 but the reply I received is that currently there are no Nokia Phones available in the Market which can be tracked by Nokia (there is no such technology availabe in Nokia Phones).

Is there anything else I can Try?
    I think, you need to forget it Vikram. Only thing that can be done is, if you have the IMEI number, you can use it and make your phone non usable. It will then be a toy in any one's hand.
    Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Sorry to say this once its lost u have to forget about it.But u can block the mobile handset by using IMEI number.
    It is a 16digit number this number is usefull when our mobile gets stolen.
    OR
    With the help of Service provider we can also recover the mobile (rare cases)

Hi,

I think they both are right.I think you have to buy another hand set

go for that.

I feel very bad for that.Any ways don't take tention.

keep smiling
    Shuby Arora

Sorry dear,
    Once u lose ur mobile u cannot trace it after a day or 2. But u could have blocked the handset using IMEI number which makes the mobile not usable by others.

with regards,
    Lijo

Hi Vivek Ram, Sad to hear about your loss of mobile phone. Yes, you have to digest the hard truth that its not possible to track your mobile down. More over the other sad story is that its not that easy to get the IMEI number of your mobile blocked here and its a very long and tedious procedure as all the service providers need to blacklist that IMEI number. So though its said in the manual and everywhere else that the IMEI can be used for this purpose to prevent unauthorised use, but its virtually a useless stuff here though this facility is easy to implement in other countries. The other thing is that these mobile phone do not come with any trackin devices built in it so its not possible to track the exact location of the Mobile. Yes it is possible for your service provider to tell the region i.e the cell/tower your mobile last operated in, but all this is not worth the pain. So just over come it. Forget your lost handset, and purchase a new one. Get your old sim blocked and get a duplicate sim of the same number from the service provider buy paying the minimum amount for the sim and showin valid documents to prove your ownership.
    Regards,
    Sourav.

I had lost my N 73 at Dadar railway station(Mumbai). I did enough work to search for it. May be this will help you. Please go through the following post-

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/57699-Different-ways-find-lost-stolen-mobile.aspx

Police was not ready to register FIR.Let me know how you convince them for it.

-Avi

Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

Hey Avi read my post:

http://www.indiareviewchannel.com/resources/2066-What-I-did-when-I-lost-my-phone.aspx

It is very detailed and contains pictures too.

IF YOU HAVE ITS IMEI NUMBER THAN CONTACT TO THE NOKIA CARE AND TELL THEM TO YOUR IMEI NO. FROM YOUR IMEI NO. THEY CAN FIND THE PLACE WHERE IS YOUR NOKIA PHONE AT NOWAND THEY CAN INFORM YOU THE PLACE WHERE YOUR MOBILE IS PLACED I MEANS WHERE YOUR MOBILE IS? TRY THIS OTHERWISE JUST FORGET YOUR PHONE AND BUY A NEW MOBILE.
    With Best Regards,
    Azay Patel

, Sad to hear about your loss of mobile phone. Yes, you have to digest the hard truth that its not possible to track your mobile down. More over the other sad story is that its not that easy to get the IMEI number of your mobile blocked here and its a very long and tedious procedure as all the service providers need to blacklist that IMEI number. So though its said in the manual and everywhere else that the IMEI can be used for this purpose to prevent unauthorised use, but its virtually a useless stuff here though this facility is easy to implement in other countries. The other thing is that these mobile phone do not come with any trackin devices built in it so its not possible to track the exact location of the Mobile. Yes it is possible for your service provider to tell the region i.e the cell/tower your mobile last operated in, but all this is not worth the pain. So just over come it. Forget your lost handset, and purchase a new one. Get your old sim blocked and get a duplicate sim of the same number from the service provider buy paying the minimum amount for the sim and showin valid documents to prove your ownership

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.