You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Please suggest good product or any ayurvedic method to remove dark circles?

I have seen many faces that had dark circles appearing under eye. And it makes face horrible. Please suggest some products.
    Hi,

I can understand your problam and here is a solution:

1-Apply cool tea bags or ice cube wrapped in soft cloth.

take cucumber slice to your eyes daily.

2~Get plenty of sleep nightly.

3~ vitamin K cream help to clear dark under eye circles.

4~Try eye exercises.

5~Drink plenty of water.

Hi Avi,

I found an interesting Ayurveda method to cure dark circles under eyes from rootsherbal. It claims that it can on work on all kinds of dark circles or puffy bags under or around eyes including those caused by hereditary or other causes like insomnia, excessive work, improper dietary habits etc.

Most of the ingredients for the home remedies / treatments are lemon, tomato, cucumber, honey, milk, turmeric powder and tea bag. OK, these are quite cheap compare to eye creams and easy to get too.

Thanks,
    Aira

Hi Avi,

My suggestion is you do CTM (Cleansing, Toning & Moisterising) regularly daily twice. The Details of the products given below
    http://www.indiareviewchannel.com/products/Index.aspx?CategoryId=41

Amway is providing two brands of CTM super Premium brand Artistry & Premium brand : Attitude. The CTM is available in both Dry and Oily skins.

With Basic CTM you can improve the appearance, texture of the skin.

Regards,
    RK - Some thing special

Hi,
    As a homemade remedy, place cucumber, potato slices on the eyes everyday.

Eat green leaves, spinach to fill in for Vitamin defficiency.

Regards,
    Ann

Dark circles appearing under eye are caused due to lack of Vitamin.
    The best remedy is avoid late night reading, watching TV or Cinema. Get up early and go for asmall walk, the fresh air will also help u. do some eye exercises. Eat green leaves and vegtables, fish but avoid non veg, and wash ur eyes with lot of cold water regularly.Place cucumber slice to your eyes daily will reduce.

Thanks for all your wonderful replies.
    I am living alone and do not have material to make anything at home. As my friend suggested i purchased Garnier product for this but i guess its not working too much besides it cost me a lot.

@Aira

You are talking about any home method can you explain bit more about it.

Currently i am adapting only water driking method.

-Avi

Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

Hi Avi,

See this article at my Blog.

http://lathasfavourites.blogspot.com/2007/04/dark-circles-around-eyes.html

you can also see many tips which I had collected over the years.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,
    Latha Jayaprakash
    India Review Channel

Hi Avi,

Yes what you said is true that under eye dark circles are a very common and widespread problem among people these days. Yes it is true that under eye dark circles makes one look ugly. People keep on trying one or the other cosmetic products as there are tons flooded in the market. Though these products can be useful to certain extent but they often fail. What one should ideally do is to get to the root cause of the problem. There are various reasons for this problem occurring in people of which most common is bad lifestyle, bad fooding habits, lack of exercise etc. One has to first change their lifestyle and diet. Exercise regularly. Other causes are heredity and low hemoglobin levels. There is hardly much you can do if its due to heredity other than reducing it and hiding it under makeup. For low hemoglobin levels you have to get your blood tested and if your doc finds it he may prescribe you some iron supplements or ask you to take a high iron diet. Under Eye dark circles is actually caused due to less blood flow in the under eye area due to which the skin is undernourished and it gets darker which is visible as the skin in that area is very delicate and thin. Massaging helps to increase the blood circulation.

Try one home remedy at a time to get rid of the dark circles.

Drink at least ten glasses of water everyday.

Take all precautions to avoid strain on the eyes.

Eight hours of sleep is a must for all of us, specially for people having dark circles under their eyes.

Do not leave cream on the skin around the eyes for long periods. Remove the cream applied around the eye after 10 min. No cream should be left on the skin around the eyes for long periods.

Close your eyes and cover eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream.

Make a 1:1 mixture of fresh potato and cucumber juices. Soak some cotton and put on your eyelids and keep for 20 minutes. Wash your eyes with cold water.

Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice (equal parts) on the dark circles 2 times a day.

Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for dark circles under the eyes.

Crush some mint and apply it around the eye.

Massage with almond oil under and around eyes at bed time daily for 2 weeks and see the improvement. Almond is very good skin food and helps to remove dark circles.

Rub the area with a powdered Vitamin E capsule and wipe off with a mixture of honey and egg white. This will reduce darkness around the eye.

Put hot and cold clothes alternatively under eyes for 10 minutes. Then apply some almond oil on the dark surface before going to bed.

The acuupressure point for eyes is on the mount below the index finger of your palms. Pressing this mount may help.

Regards,
    Sourav.

1-Apply cool tea bags or ice cube wrapped in soft cloth.

take cucumber slice to your eyes daily.

2~Get plenty of sleep nightly.

3~ vitamin K cream help to clear dark under eye circles.

4~Try eye exercises.

5~Drink plenty of water

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.