You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Purchasing second hand nokai 7710, give your thoughts about this handset.

Recently my N73 had been stolen at Mumbai local train. Now I am afraid of going for new mobile. I got offer of Nokia 7710 at price of 6000 Rupees. Please give your comments about this price and mobile. Mobile is 3 year old.
    Nokia 7710 is a good handset by Nokia. It is a PDA smartphone.It has got a huge touch screen with a resolution of 640 x 320 pixels.It can connect to the Internet with EGPRS/EDGE or HSCSD. Its Internet browser supports HTML/XHTML and Macromedia Flash 6 content. It also has a MP3 player with stereo audio and a megapixel camera. It has bluetooth and email supports. Also has Word, Sheet, and Presentation Viewers, Word & Sheet converter good for small office work. You can go in for this mobile if your comfortable to work with stylus and the touch screen. Over all its a good handset. But ya do remember to check in the condition of the mobile as your are going in for a secondhand one. Good Luck.
    Regards,
    Sourav.

Thank you Saurav.

I heard that it gets hang usually?
    Is it true?

Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

It normally dosnt hang but yes it does get stuck sometimes if you dont end the applications you start cause the applications in most nokia handsets tend to run minimised in background if not ended. This causes memory hogging and leads to hanging of the symbian os. But this is common in most of the previous generation mobiles from nokia. Also you can enquire the seller if it had software or hardware issues in the past before you make your puchase. Also you can get second hand windows based mobile like O2 Xda Mini II almost in that price in the market with some bargaining. So you can keep your options open if your not biased for a particular brand and depending on the availability if it in the second hand market. But yes you will have to remember one thing since your going in for a second hand stuff you should always check the device for faults.
    Regards,
    Sourav.

The worst is the memory problem, the active programs runs in the background and uses a lot of memory. Also the battery backup time is not long. I heard it gets hanged very often. Also the price for the second hand mobile Nokia 7710 is high. Better go for New Mobile. I have heard that people in Mumbai when travelling lose their mobile very often. So it will be a better option to go for Less priced one rather than costly mobile.

I guess 7710 is not good with 6000 price. I will go for small price but with good features cell.

Thanks for all your suggestions that helped for a lot to take dicision.

-Avi

Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.