You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaReviewChannel

Lost recovery disks!!!

Hi, my friend had bought a HP Pavilion Notebook PC that had Windows Vista Home Premium Edition in it few years back. But Recently his system crashed. He has lost his backed up recovery disks. We tried recovering using the Hp's system recovery software that came installed with the system from the factory in the recovery partition. But in vain. It seems useless to contact the customer care as the warranty has expired long back. How can we install the licensed vista back in the notebook. The original product key is available in the certificate of authenticity which is stuck in the bottom of the laptop. Guys pls. give some ideas to sort out this issue.
    There are many services centre (not HP specific) for servicing laptops that can recover your crashed hard disk. You can do a google search for such service centres in your area.

Actually i was looking in for any thing that can be done at the user level.
    Regards,
    Sourav.

Get install licensed vista from any of your friend or from any dealer by giving money. I am not sure they do this or not but let hope for the best. Why not you are trying for other OS?

-Avi

Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.