You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaReviewChannel

When will the product submission page start functioning

Continuing from the title, "and why is it temporarily disabled"
    Yes, please start the product submissions once again. Now there are a lot of new products in the market not added to our product list. People normally look and search for the reviews of the products that are currently launched and new in the market. Writing reviews for those will increase the number of page hits.
    Regards,
    Sourav.

Hi friends,
    It will be started soon. I will discuss about it with the site administrator and make an announcement as early as possible.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Hi Rajmi Arun,

It is good to hear from you that product submission is going to start soon. Members will become active in adding products again.

Regards,
    RK - Some thing special

It is not enough to add products alone RK. We being a review channel, should have lots of quality reviews, I know there are many members who can write real good reviews. There are lots of mobile phones without review, even the new models. I would request all members to concentrate on writing reviews for mobile phones, automobiles, laptops, printers, home appliances, restaurants etc. more. We can get good traffic in those areas. Infact, the $ sign was added only to those categories, that are searched more in the market.

Hope to see more and more reviews and increased traffic.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Rajmi,maybe you should restart product submission with the condition that members also give a review with the product.

Regards,
    vk
    --

Faith gives us the courage to tackle the seemingly impossible, as well as the determination to see it through ~ Author Unknown

Regards,
    vk

Permission will be given to some members to post products. I am discussing that issue with Mr. Tony, once, that is ready, will make an announcement before implementation.
    Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Hi RajmiArun,

As vk rightly said, why just give some members the opportunity to add products and get points. Wont that be unfair for the others?
    What i would suggest and agree to vk is that the one who adds the product should write and submit the review for it along with it else the product will be rejected. This will help in having all products from then onwards have atleast one review. And no product will be reviewless in the section. And as you rightly mentioned that this is primarily a review channel and just having products without reviews wont serve the purpose. Also, if the voting of best review is implemented it will be great. Also this will prevent people from adding unnecessary products just for the shake of earning points. Cause i have found at many sections that there are a lot of products and no reviews. Also its virtually impossible for members and infact boring to search out old products that dont have reviews and to sit and review them. More over everyone has different fields of expertise. So let them add products and review them accordingly. That should help in increasing the quality of content in our website. Its not always about the quantity of content but quality matters too in increasing the number of page hits.

Regards,
    Sourav.

Hi Sourav,
    We have given that option to when we had active product posting. But many people kept adding products, that are not of any value, and products, for which one cannot write any good review. This is not what we aim at. I wont say, that those products are not to be added, but we need to streamline what we add as products at this current situation, where we need more traffic and when we need our website rankings to improve. This idea of giving permission to some members is just to stream line the product submission. More over, we dont have much editors to take care of the submissions.

So once we start improving, we can have more editors, and we can think of opening product submission to all.

I can understand the fact that only a few people will get points, let me tell you something, there are a few members, who have reached diamond level, without writing even a single review, they have reached this level, just by adding products.

Any way, all these suggestions will be discussed with Mr. Tony, and it will be he who will be taking the final decision in this regard.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Thanks for your concern RajmiArun,
    I can understand the problem and the many issues that surround the decision making in this regard. Anyways we hope for the best and hope that the final decision will be made considering all the points and in the benifit of everyone and for the betterment of this site.

Regards,
    Sourav.

Hi Rajmi Arun,

I understand your concern. If you really wants to increase reviews, my suggestion is to increase points on that reviews. The reviews are adding only one point to the total points even though it displays 5 points on day which is temporary ones.

For time being make it fixed a minimum of 5 points for any review may be only on $ marked products. Then members will write reviews on those products so that our (your) goal can be achieved soon.

Regards,
    RK - Some thing special

RK,
    We are ready to give 5 points, provided the reviews are well written. There are reviews that have got even 8 or 9 points also. But that depends upon the quality of the review and not on the $ signed products.

I see many write review for books too, but the reviews are just one or two lines. Writing book review is something very interesting.

So my request to all is to write quality reviews.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Hi Rajmi Arun,

I agree with you, try to introduce 5 point for reviews a minimum so that we will try a couple of reviews on daily basis.

Regards,
    RK - Some thing special

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.