You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaReviewChannel

What to do with informative, technical, rare, vfm, good condition books?

I have around 100 books..All are master-pieces. Most of them are technical. Some are in excellent condition. Many of them are for B Tech/ M Tech E&C & Computer Science. Its really value for money.I have space costraint now.
    Hi Rajendra,
    The sister site of IRC, is having a section called classifieds, where you can post the details of those books. If you wish to lend them for a price, or sell them for a price or donate them without a price, you can list it out there.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Hi Rajendra,
    As i had already mentioned in an other thread to you that for studies or education related queries you please post it in www.indiastudychannel.com so that u can get proper responses as ISC deals with such type of data and members there are well versed to respond to such questions.

Regards,
    Sourav.

I want a computer book.

Hi Rajendra,

Give the list of those books. create some blog and give that link here so that we can see those books. If required our members will contact you for purchase.

Regards,
    RK - Some thing special

Good suggestion by RK, though ISC would get you better response as lot of students access it. In addition to posting the book name and the author, you can also give summary of information about the contents as it will make the choice easier for students.

Good lending libraries can also be approached, as you get more price on engineering and computer books. They also give more value for rare and informative books.

Yes and infact, if you are interested I can suggest you something else also. Start a book bank in your area, and you can publicize it in the local supermarkets, local colleges etc. Increase your collection by collecting a few more books. Lend it to those students who wants a particular book and you can charge them a fee too. Even if you are not available at home, some one who is at home can take charge of it. But ensure you maintain all records and also you get the books back after an year. Charge them accordingly. This will help you earn some money too.
    Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Hi Rajmi Arun,

The suggestion is good but some body at home must be dedicated on this job. The general tendency of the people who borrow books for a long periods cannot maintain them properly while returning those books will be seen without covers, missing some pages, cuts, damaged partly, used pen for underlining some contents etc.,

This books hiring is best suitable for novels, children comics, story books etc., The same suggestion was given by Robert Kiyosaki in his book Rich Dad and Poor Dad too.

Regards,
    RK - Some thing special

Hi All,

It is very bad that we people just sell books to scrap. I have all my MBA books and books related to my college and 10 and 12 th. I like reading knowledgeable books and also have around 300 to 400 ebooks collection related to several topics. This includes language, finance, personality etc. books.

I surely like idea Rajmi,if anything like this could happen.But i am not in support of throwing those books which could bright someones life. If you dont need it give it in charity.

Regards

NK

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.