You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaReviewChannel

Product submission guidlines: my views for software products submission

I read the post on product submission guidelines today, though I should have done this a long time ago. Some of the guidelines don't apply to software products or work differently for software products.

---------------------------------------
    In response to Guideline(5)
    5. Pls check whether the product that you are adding, especially electronic items, home appliances etc are available for the Indian Market.

1) Any software product that is released in the market anywhere in the world can be added simply because, though you can't by the full version in India its trial or demo version can be downloaded from the internet for free.
    ----------------------------------------

In response to Guideline(6)
    6. If you don't find the manufacturer in the pop-up list, then give it somewhere in the features or the specifications box.

2) There is a 99% chance that I won't find the manufacturer of the product in the drop down list. Since there are many software developers who have developed just one popular and widely used program and are since working to improve upon it. Also most of the software developers don't reside in India as well.

So the point is I can't add them and their corporation's in the business section

In response to Guideline(6)
    7. If you have not given the price or the manufacturer's name then it will be deleted for sure.

3) Many full version softwares are available for free.

I would request the admin's to consider these points before reviewing any software reviews.
    Vivek,
    Those guide lines were made for the products alone and they do not suit the software. I am sure, all the software, that you have added have been approved.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.