You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Keyboard keys

Two of my laptop keys of my IBM ThinkPad have come off and need to be replaced. What does it generally cost to replace one key [not the entire keyboard]? Is it more expensive than replacing a key of a desktop's keyboard?

Why is not possible to simply stick back a loose key? I tried this, but it did not work! Now I have to give it to a service center so I cannot post anything at ISC or IRC :((
    You cannot get a single key only the entire keyboard unit will be replaced for rupees three thousand around . You try to stick the key with any glue to save the keyboard cost or else you may buy any compatible duplicate keyboard or another option is to use the virtual keyboard for the two keys yes there is a virtual keyboard in windows so you may try that one or else you want to save money but want a real keyboard then go for desktop USB Keyboard which will cost around two hundred.

Your answer will definitely help every one Ranganathan. And is the USB keyboard listed in IRC? If no, let me know, if yes, please give that link here in the forum, so that people who are searching for it will be able to find out where it is in IRC.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

I got some interesting information about laptop keys when trying to get it serviced - will write a resource soon about it; I did use the virtual keyboard on my laptop as soon as the n key came loose, but it really slowed down my work! Eventually I bought an external keyboard & will submit it as a product when product submissions restart & add a review too.

Regards,
    vk
    --

Faith gives us the courage to tackle the seemingly impossible, as well as the determination to see it through ~ Author Unknown

Regards,
    vk

If the laptop still has a warranty call them and have them repalce the keyboard. you should have somebody professional do it because they know what they are doing then doing by yourself because you can mess with something or break it then you would have bigger problems. you cannot just replace the P key since the little plastic switch underneath snapped the whole keyboard will now have to be replaced.

You cannot get a single key only the entire keyboard unit will be replaced for rupees three thousand around . You try to stick the key with any glue to save the keyboard cost or else you may buy any compatible duplicate keyboard or another option is to use the virtual keyboard for the two keys yes there is a virtual keyboard in windows so you may try that one or else you want to save money but want a real keyboard then go for desktop USB Keyboard which will cost around two hundred

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.