You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Operating system

Which operating system you think good to work with PC/Laptop?
    Windows XP is just great; those I know who have used Linux find it slow & a bit annoying.

Regards,
    vk
    --

Faith gives us the courage to tackle the seemingly impossible, as well as the determination to see it through ~ Author Unknown

Regards,
    vk

Windows XP is the best operating system I have used till date. I used to love my Windows 98 SE too but then because of the later versions used in daily internet needs, I switched over to Vista. Vista is also a good one but the confirmations and unstability to older versions of some of my medical softwares made me leave out Vista.

I now use Windows XP Ultimate by Johnny.

Windows Xp is the best operating system right now since it been around for quite a while and all the bugs has been fixed over the years.

Whereas Vista is more of an eye candy and it tends to slow the system down.There are still a lot of bugs to be fixed in vista.

But if u have a computer with the latest configuration and lot of RAM memory you can go with vista.

I use a Windows vista home edition which came with my DELL laptop.

Windows XP is good for the home and office purposes. It is because of:
    1)Large software support.
    2)Easy user interface.
    Windows Vista is also good but the interface is little bit confusing so it is good for a new user to opt for windows XP.
    If you are an expert in Linux then of course you can use it because it provides more security and user can do any action by changing the codes in kernel.

Sasi
    The Ultimate World of Games

Hi All IRC members,

Thanks to all of you for providing such a nice and experienced feedback which I expected and I got reply and detail more than what I was actually waited and weighted...

Regards,
    Hafeezur Rahman
    IRC & ISC - Gold member

Use Windows XP or try Windows 7 it is just awesome.

Windows 7 is really rocking and new too, google is now launching google chrome which will provide online saving facility, which is very much usefull for creating backups, it is too far from now a days, so if some is confusing about windows seven and window vista go for windows seven because its rocking with lots of features and advantages.

RKD
    IRC MEMBER

With Regards
    RKD
    Proud to be an IRC Member

Mail Me: [email protected]

Yes dude... windows 7 visuals is also really good. it has out beaten Vista. good work by Microsoft

Yes dude! windows 7 visuals is also really good. It has out beaten Vista. good work by Microsoft and they really rocks. Google is now launching a new technology called Google wave. I saw its video they shown the demo of the product. It really rocked as we can chat with any one in our browser itself. They have taken the E-Mail technology to the other world. In a new way

with regards
    H.Mohammed Imran

hey can anyone tell me is genuine cd is required for that operating system or not means for windows seven.
    because when i install windows xp it ask for update and when i update my windows my screen is black and i face many notification for the same.
    so me not installing that update but facing notification for updating it.

with regards
    rkd
    irc member

With Regards
    RKD

Hi Ravi & Imran,

Thanks to all of you for providing such a latest feedback which I got reply from you guys...

Regards,
    Hafeezur Rahman
    IRC & ISC - Gold member

If you want your Operating system should be up to date . then you must buy original Operating System. so that you can regularly update it. if you get a pirated one then it makes to in worried. so but no need to panic because if you can Turn off the automatic updates. when ever if there is an pop up in notification area don't ever click it because it will make your operating system to contact Microsoft. Be careful always.

with regards
    H.Mohammed Imran

I think window seven is still in it testing faze and Microsoft will launch it sooner. But as an operating system I think Window XP professional is best choice. XP provides you best out of your computer and also most of the current software is supported by XP.

Window Vista is good but it requires lot of recourses as it requires at least 1 GB Ram and in that your system will run very slow. You must require at least 4 GB of Ram and if possible a graphic card or a higher end motherboard.

If you want to spend this much money on resources than you can go for Vista. But remember most of the current software is still not supported by Vista.

As far is Linux is concerned it is easily available and light but user interface is completed compare to XP as per me.

Always install original operating system if you can afford it. But if you can't be prepared for all sort of problem comes along with pirated software's.

Regards,
    NK
    “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."

Ya i agree with what you are saying. i think Microsoft is offering windows 7 beta for free. i don't know exactly. correct me if i am wrong.

with regards
    H.Mohammed Imran

no buddy its not free, may be some peoples use the pirated version which is not the correct one, now a days many peoples use the transformation pack on windows xp2 which is of no use so we should keep in mind we have the original one and dont have a transformation pack, because visual will remain the same but it effects the computers speed and also the hardware of your computer having one operating system and doing two kinds of work as i had faced in installing the vista transformation pack inn windows xp2

with regards
    rkd
    irc member

With Regards
    RKD

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.