You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaReviewChannel

Web master, review writing restricted? why?

I simply couldnt figure out why did i get this following message when i tried to write a review:

Restricted Access

The feature you attempted to post content require special permission. This requirement is to make sure that we have quality content posted by members with good English and appropriate knowledge.

If you think you are qualified to post content in the section, please contact us with details about yourself, qualification and your knowledge in the specific content you like to post. Remember to mention the section you like to contribute content.

When you contact us, remember to use appropriate grammar and spelling. We will decide whether to allow you or not will be based on your email.
    Well i can completely understand that posting products was restricted. And this was thoroughly discussed and explained by rajmi in some older threads when we picked up this issue with her. And finally were convinced that its fine if adding products power is given to only a few senior members.

But it was really irritating for me to see that we even needed special permission to post our review. Why is that for.
    Isnt this website meant for earning by posting reviews?
    And tell me why and what will a member do if hes got no option to do?
    Should he just sit and answer the forums and poll?

According to me have not written much reviews. But theres a reason behind it too. Whats the use of writing useless reviews just the one or two liners which most people do. You can check out any of my reviews i have written. And writing good reviews takes a lot of time and pain and more over it need some experience with the product.

I can clearly figure it out that blocking members from writing reviews crearly reduces the work load for the moderator but then whats the use of the keeping the name of the website as a review site where members can review?
    I can also understand that may be a lot of members were not creating quality reviews. But there could have been some other better methods to stop it. Like suspending review writing for members who write a number of useless reviews. I dont think its good to not allow the one who has provided proper reviews.

Regards,
    Sourav.

Please note,
    I didnt mean to offend any one here.
    Its how bad i personally felt after seeing this here.
    And am sure even some other members must have felt the same.

Regards,
    Sourav.

Hi Sourav,
    After certain changes were made to IRC, we have restricted access to both reviews and product writing. But on request from the members we are giving access to both. Understanding from your thread that you are interested in writing reviews, I am revoking your rights to review. We have made this to ensure, just as you have said to get good reviews.

I could have revoked the review writing option for all the members but even after doing that for some members, I dont find them writing reviews.

Start reviewing as you have been given permissions to write. Just message me if you are interested in posting products also. There is no issue of work load but it is the question of getting good, quality and descriptive reviews.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Hi RajmiArun,

Still i had Restricted Access of product submission.

I am waiting for it since long time. I had requested for this in different forum and in announcement too,

Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

I dont think people are always in a mood to write reviews. As it takes a lot of time and patience. And for most of the members here, its just like a part time or using their free time. I agree that i have not written many reviews, till now my count is just 6. I know thats not a huge number. But, I definately know one thing that all those are well written stuff. I read somewhere in some thread that your permitting only those to post products whose review writing count is more than 50. I know generating content is very important for this website to grow. But, as i have already mentioned many a where that i believe in quality writing too. So how do you expect me to write so many reviews so that am just able to get the permission to post products and score more. Most of the reviews i found for the products here were like " this product is very good, bla bla bla..." I dont think this is what is called reviewing.
    One can review for the products they are well versed with and so can write easily on those products. The same was the condition with me. Most of the products i knew or have heard or used of were nowhere in the product list. And so, even though i knew that i could write a review on those products, i finally couldn't as adding those products where not permitted. And so in the discussion in a thread i had mentioned that allow the members who are ready to write product review for a particular product to add that product atleast.
    I have still not got my adsense account as it was rejected. But that has not de moralised me to work here. I hope that some day i will get the approval. More over generating good reviews will be helpful for readers and so that will get more people to click on this site, when they find this site informative and serious about their stuff.
    I hope you can understand my point of view.
    I shall be more than happy if you would permit me to add products too. As that will surely help me to review and add the products am well versed with. And i promise to give you acceptable reviews for those products like my previous reviews, as it will be easier for me to review them.

Regards,
    Sourav.

Hi Sourav,
    There are certain exceptional cases, for whom both the product posting and review writing permissions are given and I have given you permissions to post products also. So, you can post products that you dont find in our list and add a review to that. The main reason, we are not giving permissions to post products to many just for one simple reason, that we dont get as many reviews as much the number of products we get posted.

Hope you understand our point of view also.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

Hi RajmiArun,

Can you please let me know what is issue to appove me for posting products. I am active member of ISC and IRC and earning quite good revenue from Both.

Please let me know what needs to be done so that to approve me for product submission

Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

Thank you very much Rajmi,
    I do understand and know that well.
    I think the members should also realize this and do some quality review submissions and not just simply keep adding products to score more. I know its necessary to stop this. And i have faith on our web masters and editors that they will take necessary steps to screen out the unwanted stuffs here. And give necessary permissions to the deserving members without causing much harassment for them. Also i request the members that this is not a race that we need to win. And stop putting useless products and reviews just for the sake of posting to increase points or money. Its not like the ISC cause it has products that has many people thorough out the world who put good reviews on other websites. And people generally visit only trust able websites where they can get quality services compared to others. I still remember those days when Google search engine was just launched and within a few years it got to the top. It was just because of the quality and accuracy of the search engine they launched and it has really changed the face of web in a way. So if we want this website to go on we will have to consider this space on the net as our own and work towards the goal slowly and steadily. I really loved the concept of the website owner to make we members a part of the website. And its similar to be employed in a company. The biggest benefit is that its in the comfort of working from our own place and our convenient free time. There's no limit to the work load or pressure to finish a task in a deadline. I would also request the website owners to just consider us as their employees and keep motivating us by providing more and more schemes for revenue sharing from the profit.

Another point that just clicked me is that to those whom you permit to add products, you can keep a check on them to see if they are adding relevant products, also see to it that the number of products they added does not exceed the number of reviews they post to a large extent. I am fine with your idea for only letting some members post reviews or submit products but after that if a policy of something like this if followed that will definitely allow to improve the products to review submission ratio very quickly.

Any ways thank you once again.

Regards,
    Sourav.

Hi Avi,
    You have been given product posting permissions also from today. Please try to add the latest products. And if possible try to write a good review also for the same.

Regards,
    RajmiArun,
    Webmaster,IRC

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.