An optical computer is a computer that performs its computation with photons as opposed to the more traditional electron based computation.
There are two types of optical computers:
- Electro-optical Hybrid computers
- Pure optical computers
Then question arise that how it work or how it delivers it's information.
# The information is sent through computers as light waves and packets.
Working style of optical computer:
- Information gathered from keyboard, mouse and other external sources.It'll goes to the processor.
- Processor then sends the information through logic gates and switches to be programmed.
- The information is then sent through different fiber optic cables depending on its's final location.
- Some information will be sent to the holographic memory, where it then be saved.
- The information is saved and approved by the program.
- Then program sends a signal to the processor that the work is delivered