You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Shouldn't there be an option of deleting a post?

Hi there

I was wondering why there isn't any option of deleting the post or resource just typed. There could be a mistake and one should always have an option of deleting the post. I have observed that, very often my posts get published twice, and that gets a bit irritating. If provided with the option of 'Delete'; I can myself remove the additional post that is not required and thus avoid hassles.

Isn't that possible.

Thanks

Have a nice day

Bye

sangeeta chaubal
    You have all the rights to know why the members are not permitted to delete their own posts including resources.

It is understandable when by own mistake or due to internet problems sometimes a resources will be posted twice, but apart from informing the editors or webmaster no other option is made available.

If the permission lies with the member to delete their own posts then the editors job will become redundant and more importantly if a member make a post and once it is submitted it will become the property of the concerned site, hence only editing option has been given to the members.

Moreover, the permission to delete own resources is not accorded as there could be chances that after getting cash credits for a resource, a member can delete and post the same in other sites to get some awards or rewards.

Hope this might have cleared your doubts why a member is not permitted to delete his own post.

Hi

I completely agree with the facts mentioned here. It is true that the option of deleting posts could cause a number of problems. I agree with this fact that the editors should only have the right to delete the posts or products submitted by the members.

I wouldn't say that things shouldn't be this way. But very often, as you have mentioned posts, products or photos of products are submitted and posted twice. This creates a bit of confusion and then one can wonder what to do. Additional points are been added to the scoreboard accidentally and then this doesn't look very good.

What I meant my this question here was that before submitted we should have an option of deleting the additional posts that are been submitted by us. This way we get to send only a single post, a photograph or a product. Once the post, photo or product is been reviewed and published, then the deleting option should be allowed.

Hopefully, this suggestion could be given a thought.

thank you

have a nice day

regards

sangeeta chaubal

Happy Posting

Regards

Sangeeta Chaubal
    Editor, IRC

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.