You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaReviewChannel

How we remove virus in computer

recently i detected virus in my friend computer , how i remove it from my system
    MY FRIEND!
    THERE ARE SOME GOOD METHODS TO PROTECT OUR COMPUTER FROM HARMFUL VIRUSES, TROJANS, MAL WARES ETC..,IF U FOLLOW THIS STEPS U CAN EASILY REMOVE VIRUSES FROM YOUR SYSTEM.
    1.VISIT www.microsoft.com/security_essentials AND DOWNLOAD THE FREE ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE,IT REMOVES VIRUSES.
    2.VISIT www.avast.com THERE ARE SO MANY ANTI VIRUS SOFT WARES IN THIS SITE.DOWNLOAD THEM AND CLEAN YOUR COMPUTER.
    3.VISIT www.epicbrowser.com THIS IS THE FIRST BROWSER FROM INDIA AND IT HAS IN BUILT ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE IN IT.JUST DOWNLOAD THIS BROWSER AND SCAN YOUR SYSTEM.
    4.AND FINALLY FREE DOWNLOAD WEB SECURITY GUARD, IT ALERT YOU WHEN HARMFUL SITE IS OPENED, AND ASKS YOU TO ALLOW AND BLOCK THE SITE.IF YOU CHOOSE ALLOW THE VIRUS ENTER INTO YOUR SYSTEM AND CRASHES. IF U CHOOSE DON'T GO THERE OR BLOCK THIS SITE. NOW U ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES. TO DOWNLOAD AND OTHER INFORMATION SEE www.websecurityguard.com.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GIVING ME THIS OPPORTUNITY.

Hi,

Try to take backup of your files from the system or move files to D drive, then, re-install the who software as Flash it. Make sure you spend around Rs 300 for Anti-virus to protect the system for at least 1 year, it helps for all like protect viruses from PC, Data card, Online viruses etc.

Free downloading Anti-virus software is no use of much as it has very less duration as a sample given and no guarantee that it will work for a said duration.

Save your PC by spending Rs 300 to 400 than crashing it overall. There are few and branded Anti-viruses are available in India, namely McAfee, Kaspersky, Symantec, Norton, Avira, Avast and AVG etc.

Thanks,
    Hafeezur Rahman

Hello Reddy,

My response is going to be a long one.

First you have to drill down to the source of viri you are getting.

1. USB Flash Drives
    This is the biggest culprit most of the times. Unfortunately there is no utility that can disable the Auto Run. It means every time you insert someones USB flash in your system there is a risk of a file getting executed automatically through Autorun.

Remedy : I have found that the best thing is to keep a live CD of Linux around. Just scan your flash disk with Linux live CD for Autorun.inf. 99% of the times I have found that the Flashes have viruses.

2. Email.
    The second mode of spread is Email. Never open any attacment that ends with .exe, .com or .bat extension. Even .zip , .rar etc have compressed executable that can be run autmatically through winzip ( extract and run setup.exe option).

Steer clear of any email that has an attachment- Even if it comes from a reliable friend- his address book could have been spoofed.

3. Internet

Harmful and Malicious Activex Controls, cookies, javascripts etc are everywhere. Use Firefox it's less velnurable than IE.

4. Torrents/ Pirated Software

Invariably I have found that the softwares Key generators and cracks have the virues. Don't take chances with Executable files on Torrents.

5. Housekeeping.

Install an Antiviru
    Take Regular backups
    Install a firewall

If you have a virus in your system- my advise would be to do a clean format rather than trying to remove it.

6. Antivirus Debate

Many people say that one brand is better than the other. Actually I have used all- Norton, Mcafee, Trend Micro, Kaspersky....

The truth is - Some AVs are good with a few viruses and other are good with others. What Norton detects is not necessarily detected by Mcafee and vice versa. I have found that AVG and Avira are as good as the commercial paid AVs.

Hello Reddy,

My response is going to be a long one.

First you have to drill down to the source of viri you are getting.

1. USB Flash Drives
    This is the biggest culprit most of the times. Unfortunately there is no utility that can disable the Auto Run. It means every time you insert someones USB flash in your system there is a risk of a file getting executed automatically through Autorun.

Remedy : I have found that the best thing is to keep a live CD of Linux around. Just scan your flash disk with Linux live CD for Autorun.inf. 99% of the times I have found that the Flashes have viruses.

2. Email.
    The second mode of spread is Email. Never open any attacment that ends with .exe, .com or .bat extension. Even .zip , .rar etc have compressed executable that can be run autmatically through winzip ( extract and run setup.exe option).

Steer clear of any email that has an attachment- Even if it comes from a reliable friend- his address book could have been spoofed.

3. Internet

Harmful and Malicious Activex Controls, cookies, javascripts etc are everywhere. Use Firefox it's less velnurable than IE.

4. Housekeeping.

Install an Antiviru
    Take Regular backups
    Install a firewall

If you have a virus in your system- my advise would be to do a clean format rather than trying to remove it.

Hope it helps.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.