Uses of Microwave Oven
Posted Date: 04-Oct-2008
Wondering what are the uses of Microwave oven? Read this article to find out the uses and purposes of Microwave oven in our homes.
Microwave ovens have become an unavoidable product in all kitchens. Most of the ladies use these ovens only for reheating purpose, but it can be used for lots of purposes in the kitchen and it saves the time one spend in the kitchen.
* Microwave ovens can be used to cook whole potatoes. Put 4 potatoes in a polythene bag and tie the polythene loosely and microwave it for 6 minutes, if you increase the number of potatoes you should also increase the microwaving time. Prick the potatoes with a fork in 2 or 3 places otherwise it will burst inside the oven.
* Vegetables can be steamed in the microwave oven before making curries, this will reduce the time of cooking and less oil is used while cooking. Cabbages,carrot, beetroot and beans can be cooked in this way. Put these cut vegetables in a microwave safe dish add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water depending on the quantity and microwave.
* To peel onions and garlic place it in a microwave safe plate and microwave for 15 seconds depending on the quantity and then peel.
* To make bread crumbs at home crumble the fresh bread and microwave it in a microwave safe plate for 2 to 3 minutes, let it cool and then powder it in a mixer.
* To blanch almonds place almonds in a microwave safe bowl with water and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes and then peel the almonds.
* Tomatoes can also be blanched in this way for making purees. But remember to prick it with a fork before blanching.
* Nuts can be dry roasted in a microwave, keep almonds, cashew nuts in a microwave safe plate and microwave till it slightly changes colour.
* Pappads can be roasted in a microwave oven, apply oil on both sides of the pap pads and place it in a microwave safe plate in a circle and microwave it. When it fluffs turn it to the other side and when it is fully fluffed remove from the oven.
* Tamarind pulp can be extracted in minutes, place tamarind in a bowl of water and microwave for 5 minutes to extract pulp easily.
* To cook corn wash corn on the cob and place it in a plastic bag and microwave for 4 minutes.
* Microwave can be used to sterilize bottles to store pickles and squashes.
* Microwaves can be used to freshen stale breads,biscuits and chips.
* Microwave can be used to dry curry leaves, wash curry leaves and then let it fully dry by spreading in a sheet of paper or muslin cloth and then microwave it for 10 minutes and then powder it and keep it in an airtight container.
* Paneer can be easily made in a microwave, place 1/2 Lit of milk in a microwave and bring it to boil and add some lemon juice or some curd to the milk and again microwave it and when the milk curdles and greenish whey separates take out the container strain it and make paneer.
* Ghee can be easily made using microwave, place the butter in a deep microwave safe dish and microwave in low till the butter melts and after that microwave the melted butter covered in medium high till it becomes light brown in colour.
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Uses of Microwave Oven"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe by Email
Awards & Gifts
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.