You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Books

Reading books is a good or bad habit

I asked all my friends about the reading habit. All they told me that "which book you are reading is important than how much you are reading".But i am not satisfied with the answer, some one told me it is a not good habit but not bad and with reading books you are wasting time. I know that is good habit but but i do not know which kinds of books today's generation have to read. They reading story books are other ugly books.
    which is good and which is bad peoples can not identify why?
    Hi,

Reading books is a good habit, by reading you gain knowledge, you learn what you read. What ever books you read, what ever the topic is you gain knowledge what you read. There is no wasting time. Reading books can't be waste of time as you learn or not but you can improve your language. Books are considered to be the good friends.

Hello Achutha bhat,
    I think it matters lot that what kind of books you are reading other then how long you are reading. If you read a good book for few hours that can teach you some great lesson same way bad books may mislead you. So one should be very careful to select the books for reading.

Regards,
    G1

Hi,

Reading maketh a man and the reading determines what sort a person he or she is. Therefore, always go for good topics and read a lot and become a knowledgeable person.

Thanks & Regards -
    Lakshmi S

Reading is certainly a good habit.
    In support of this i would like to mention benefits of readings in points.
    1.Reading enhances your knowledge.
    2.It enhance your vocabulary.
    3.It keeps your brain active.
    4. Books provide information that goes deeper than just classroom discussion.
    5.it increases concentration, focus and confidence.
    6. It gives you a glimpse of different cultures, differnt people,different places.
    and many many more benefits like.. this is cheaper source of entertainment, improves your memory, improves your creativity, provides a source for new ideas.
    It saves money ,reduce boredum.
    This may have few negative points also like those who are always busy with books may not have their social life, may not have many friends.
    or too much reading may also inhibit your original ideas.

Thank you

With regards:
    Chitra Rana

super! actually your question is what kind of books one should prefer to read,right?
    off course one should go as per his age,interest n available time.as if one loves romantic stories he may go for:
    A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson
    Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
    The Help - Kathryn Stockett
    Sing You Home - Jodi Picoult etc.
    or one may like fictions, other may like autobiographies.so choose as per your requirement.

but if you are asking how to judge a book to be good or bad.
    then you may just go through its reviews n its preface etc.

Thank you

With regards:
    Chitra Rana

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.