Harley Davidson Bikes India
Did you know that India is the second-largest motorcycle market in the world? Yet, the iconic American Harley-Davidson bike has taken its time to vroom into India.
When Matthew Levatich, President of Harley-Davidson Inc.'s main motorcycle division announced the lauch, avid Indian bikers cheered. However, not everyone who covets ownership of the Harley Davidson bike will be able to afford it. The bike is likely to cost double of its price back home in the USA, with prices ranging from approx.4 lakhs to nearly 14 lakhs.
The least expensive model, and likely to be one of the first to hit the roads by December-end, is the Sportster.
* Engine: Air-cooled, rubber-mounted 883cc Evolution® engine
* Exhaust: Staggered Shorty exhaust
* Fuel Tank: Classic peanut fuel tank
* Suspension: Low front and rear suspension
* Seat: Low solo Sportster® rider seat
Other 2010 Harley-Davidsons models as mentioned at the official website are:
* Engine: Air-cooled, 1584cc Twin-Cam 96™ engine
* Tires: New Michelin® Scorcher™ tires
* Powertrain: New all black powertrain
* Seat: Low ribbed solo seat
* Engine: Air-cooled 1584cc Twin-Cam 96B™ counter-balanced engine reduces vibration for a smooth ride.
* Function: Quick-release, detachable king-size windshield
* Comfort: Wide passenger seat with backrest
* Storage: 1940s-style detachable leather saddlebags
* Engine: Liquid-cooled Revolution® V-Twin engine
* Exhaust: Brushed, straight-shot exhaust with black caps and black exhaust shields
* Frame: Hydroform frame wraps around the engine
* Brakes: Brembo® brakes with ABS for high-performance braking
* Seat: Low 25.2-inch seat height
* Engine: Air-cooled,Twin-Cam 96®
* Exhaust: Chrome, 2-1-2 exhaust
* Function: Harman/Kardon® advanced audio system
* Storage: GTX® saddlebags
* Comfort: Low profile, air-adjustable rear suspension
* Engine: Twin-Cam Screaming Eagle® 110 engine
* Windshield: Blackened, ‘chopped' windshield
* Handgrips: Heated handgrips
* Storage: Increased Tour-Pak® space
* Seat: Heated leather seat
How to own a Harley-Davidson in India:
Those eager to queue up to become the first proud owners of a Harley Davidson can sign up here:
Harley-Davidson India Sign-up.
How to become a Dealer for Harley-Davidson bikes in India:
Those dealers who wish to invest in the craze can submit their application form before October 19th,2009.
For more details see: Harley-Davidson India Dealer.
Check out great motorcycle clothing and Harley Tattoos at the official website.
Harley Davidson bike is one of the most prestigious bikes in the world. It feels good to know that this bike'll run our roads also. The Indian young generation like it very much.