All about Circular Journey Tickets of the Indian Railways
Indian Railways have introduced Circular Journey Tickets for the welfare of the Tourists and Travellers as well as the locales who plan on a trip in India to visit various places and end up at the same place where they started from. The tickets will be of discounted rates of the Indian Railways.
About the Circular Journey Tickets of the Indian Railways
If you are planning a tour program with your family or friends like a pilgrimage or a sight seeing vacation tours, booking a circular journey ticket will prove easier for you.
You need not book your ticket for each and every station you are planning to visit. Indian railways has given you the option of booking the tickets , known as Circular Journey tickets. These circular journey tickets offer you flexibility in your travels, as you can avail them for all journeys other than the regular and most travelled routes. The circular journey tickets begin and end in the same station and can be purchased for all classes of travel. You can break the journey and rejoin for a maximum of 8 times.
Standard Circular Journey Tickets are also offered by Zonal Railways. These cover popular destinations for the Convenience of tourists. The details of route, fare etc. for these tickets can be obtained from nominated stations in each Zonal Railway. You can purchase these tickets if any one of the standard routes suits your convenience or else you can customize your ticket according to your touring plans. You can inform the Zonal Railways about your itinerary and the ticket can be drawn up according to your requirements.
Advantages of booking a circular Journey ticket of the Indian Railways
1. The Circular Journey tickets give you the flexibility of touring where and when you want to travel to a certain place etc.
2. You need not book your ticket for all the railway stations you plan to visit.
3. You can get better rates. You will end up paying less as you will get the benefit of telescopic rates.
4. With Circular Journey tickets you can save time and be assured of your booking.
5. You can book your hotels and rooms for the places you want to stay in as you can be sure of your tickets booking.
6. You will be allowed to break the journey for 8 times maximum with the circular journey ticket.
7. 30% concession is granted, while you buy a circular journey ticket for the senior citizens when travelling a minimum distance of 1000 kilometers.
How to Book a Circular Journey ticket of the Indian Railways
Once your plan / itinerary of your program is decided you can approach the Divisional Commercial Manager of the Division of some of the major stations to which the journey commencing station belongs. They will then calculate the cost based on your itinerary and will also inform the station manager in the prescribed format.
You can buy the ticket by presenting this form at the booking office of the station where you are planning to start your journey.
Southern railway does not issue a standard circular journey tickets, they issue only non standard circular journey tickets as per the itinerary given by the passengers. A circular journey ticket is charged for as two single journeys, the length of each single journey being taken as half the total distance
The senior citizens will get a 30% discount fare on the cost of the circular journey tickets if they are travelling a minimum distance of 1000 kilometers.