What is Travel Insurance and what are its benefits?
Travel Insurance is what all the tourists and travellers , either for business or leisure or for studies take while embarking on a tour. Have you ever tried to understand what the insurance is and what it does for you? To know more about what the Travel Insurance is all about, read the following article.
Nowadays there are many people travelling around the globe for work or business, for relaxation and leisure, for adventures, for medical treatments, for vacation, for studies and for many more. When an unexpected emergency occurs the insurance coverage can help you.
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance is one insurance which is intended to cover the expenses incurred during the travel, that is the medical expenses, financial default of the Travel Agents / suppliers as well as other losses incurred while travelling even when one is travelling within ones own country whether it is national or international.
What are the benefits of taking a Travel Insurance?
There may be several pitfalls associated with travel The Insurance coverage for these pitfalls can be classified as follows:
1. Trip Cancellation is that the traveller had to cancel the trip because of unforeseen circumstances like at the instance of the illness of the concerned traveller.
2. Trip Interruption means is the Insurance coverage in the event a trip being terminated because of illness or because of the non operating hotel which you had already booked, Flight Connection was missed due to airline schedule like delayed departure, travel delays due to weather,
3. Lost, stolen or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents which are lost and expenses are incurred because of the inconvenience caused by the negligence of the airlines,
4. Delayed baggage and emergency replacement of essential items
5. Default Protection for a trip that is cancelled because a carrier or tour operator is no longer in business.
The other most common risks that are covered by travel insurance are:
1. Emergency evacuation/repatriation of remains
2. Return of a minor child
3. Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
4. Overseas funeral expenses if death occurs while you are travelling
6. Legal assistance is also available.
7. Medical Emergency and hospital care (Accident or Sickness)
8. Medical/dental expenses
Common Exclusions for the Travel Insurance
Pre existing medical conditions of the travellers concerned
War or Terrorism - Only some Insurance plans cover this , not all.
If injury is caused by drugs or by too much of Alcohol.
Usually, the travel in the first trimester pregnancy is covered by the insurance but after that, insurance coverage differs from insurer to insurer.
Travel insurance can also provide helpful services, often 24 hours a day, 7 days a week that can include concierge services and emergency travel assistance.
Travel Insurance Companies in India
1. Contact Details for the ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd.
401-402, Interface Bldg; No.11,
Link Road, Malad (West),
Mumbai - 400064.
Call ICICI Lombard for the best plans for Travel Insurance
Toll Free: 1800 2666
E Mail - [email protected]
2. Tata AIG General Insurance Company
9th floor, Nicholas Piramal Towers
Peninsula Corporate Park
Ganpat Rao Kadam Marg
Mumbai 400 013
Phone: +91 (22) 6669 9696
Fax: +91 (22) 6654 6414
Email: [email protected]